Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How to uninstall VMWare Fusion from a Apple Mac computer

I had been trialing VMWare Fusion on the Mac, and although it was working fine, I thought I would reinstall it because my Windows XP had viruses I could not remove. I backed up everythign to my Mac drive and removed the VM Windows XP Profile and dumped the Mac trash. (5GB)

I wanted to remove all traces of VMWare Fusion as I like to keep all of my computers as uncluttered as possible, and here is the best way of doing it.

1 Power off all running virtual machines, and quit VMware Fusion.
2 In the Finder, open the folder Macintosh HD/Library/Application
Support/VMware Fusion, and double-click Uninstall Vmware Fusion.
3 When you are prompted to confirm, click Uninstall.
4 Enter your administrative password to begin the uninstallation.
When the uninstallation is complete, a confirmation message is displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment